eg iTunesArtwork for adhoc users or testers
As the iTunesArtwork file only works for adhoc builds you want to exclude it from debug and release builds.
To create an Adhoc target which includes your iTunesArtwork file you need to:
- Create a new Adhoc target
- Add your iTunesArtwork file to your project
- Change the target memberships for your iTunesArtwork
Step by Step:
- Duplicate the primary target (right click -> Duplicate)
- Rename the new target to Adhoc
- Add your iTunesArtwork file to your project as described here
- Change the target memberships for your iTunesArtwork file to Adhoc only using:
Select Target -> right click -> Get Info -> Targets
(make sure only Adhoc is selected)
Once you've made these changes you can explore the Target build phases. The iTunesArtwork file should only appear in Copy Bundle Resources for the Adhoc target.
It may be useful to have matching targets and configurations for each type of build eg
When changing the build type set both the active configuration and active target.
Other uses for multiple targets include:
- Different icons for Debug / Adhoc / Release builds
- Incrementing build numbers only for Adhoc / Release builds